Snapchat is changing! It started out as a fun place for kids to share instant pictures without the worry of them being permanently “out there” for all to see.
Just like Facebook and Twitter, its use is migrating into the mainstream, which means business adoption, and appealing to a different (older!) demographic.
Snapchat is in business
Businesses are using it for hiring, events, communications, marketing, B2B and a whole host of other functions. There is massive potential…
If you are just starting to get into it, it can be hard to know who to follow – the service doesn’t suggest people and it can be a little confusing. Its worth investing time – especially now – as snapchat has undoubtedly broken out of teenagers bedrooms into the mainstream.
Here are some awesome snapchatters to follow. Not all are strictly business, but its really worth while getting to know how the platform works from some of its power users!
- GaryVee. CEO of @vaynermedia. Host of The #AskGaryVee Show. Snaps about business, start ups. He’s acknowledged as one of the first to see snapchat’s business potential.
- Morgan Brown — @Morganb180: He focuses on growth marketing, and is influential in sharing how growth works online.
- Tiffany Zhong: @tzhong: Former Product Hunt team turned VC, Tiffany is one of the many Silicon Valley folks popping up more and more on the service.
- Justin Kan — @JustinKan: He is the founder of the legendary JustinTV, and Y Combinator partner.
- Joanna Stern: @joannastern Tech reviewer for the Wall Street Journal, she’s responsible for the flood of new and slightly less confused older SnapChat users, after she profiled the service on WSJ.com recently.
- Henry Johnson — @Talktohenryj: Sales and business growth expert, with funny daily life experiences thrown in.
- Noah Kagan: @noahkagan: Employee #30 at Facebook, and founder of other influential startups, Noah is the king of growth marketing.
- Matt Mazzeo — @MMazzeo: Matt is half of the Lowercase Capital team that invested in unicorn companies like Uber, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Slack and many more. Get the inside story about the world of tech and VC investing.
- Scott Stratten: @unmarketing: Funny because he’s unapologetically honest about the sad state that most marketing and business finds itself in. Best selling author and keynote speaker on all things marketing.
- Shaun McBride: @shonduras: known as Shonduras to his hundreds of thousands of followers, was the first person to make it big on Snapchat in the app’s early days. Over the last couple of years, he’s worked with dozens of brands and traveled the world through his work on Snapchat. He’s still as creative as ever.
Whatever your personal approach to snapchat and other social media channels, make sure that you set up a policy on what is and isn’t acceptable in your business and for your employees. Download a free internet and email usage policy template here.