This Administrative Assistant job description template is optimized for posting in online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company. Feel free to modify this to an administrative manager job description or office assistant job description or branch manager job description, or other variation to suit the needs of your company. Add or revise duties that are specific to your organization and current projects.
Are you an Administrative Assistant looking for a new role in a successful and profitable business?
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. You will support managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. The job scope includes communicating via phone and email, ensuring that all administrative duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Meet and greet visitors
- Sort incoming mail, handle outgoing mail
- Maintain contact lists
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Order office supplies
- Book travel arrangements
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Provide general support to visitors
- Any other duties as required by the business
- Proven administrative, office or assistant experience
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Helpful and friendly manner
- Able to build strong relationships with people at all levels of the business
Click here for a set of interview questions to help you select the right Administrative Assistant candidate for this vacancy.