This Chief Executive Officer job description template is optimized for posting in online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company. Feel free to modify this to a Chief Operations Officer job description or General Manager job description or other variation to suit the needs of your company. Add or revise duties that are specific to your organization and current projects.
Are you proven leader in your field looking for a new role in a successful and profitable business?
We are looking for an experienced Chief Executive Officer or CEO to lead and drive the success of the business. You will be the leader of the business and responsible for devising and executing the company’s strategy.
You must be an inspiring leader, able to take people with you and build strong teams. You must be able to communicate your vision to all levels of the business and create a positive culture that engages employees to achieve outstanding results.
- Set the organisation’s mission, vision and strategy
- Develop high quality execution and business plans ensuring their alignment with business objectives set by the shareholders or Board of Directors
- Prudently manage the financial position of the company balancing long and short term objectives
- Lead and motivate employees to advance employee engagement and embed culture and values across the entire organisation
- Develop a high performing managerial team
- Oversee all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission
- Set and manage the corporate social responsibility strategy of the company
- Create succession pipeline and talent management strategy
- Make high-quality investment decisions to advance the business and increase profits
- Enforce adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the company’s legality and business ethics
- Build trust relations with key partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for important shareholders
- Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth
- Be a strong public spokesperson for the company, in the media, within the industry and within relevant professional bodies. Be a leader in setting standards for the industry
- Use your deep knowledge of the markets and future developments in technology likely to impact the business to adjust the company’s strategy for success.
- Proven experience as CEO or in other senior leadership position
- Demonstrable success as head of a key function with a track record of delivery against key goals and overcoming significant obstacles
- Experience in developing profitable long term competitive strategies and implementing vision
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles
- Familiarity with diverse business functions such as marketing, product development, PR, finance etc.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- MSc/MA in business administration or relevant field
- Experience in this or related industry would be an advantage
Click here for a list of CEO interview questions that you can easily customise to your company and use for recruitment.