This Executive Assistant job description template is optimized for posting in online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company. Feel free to modify this to an office manager job description or office assistant job description or payroll manager job description, or other variation to suit the needs of your company. Add or revise duties that are specific to your organization and current projects.
Are you an Executive Assistant looking for a new role in a successful and profitable business? We are looking for an Executive Assistant to provide support to the MD, CEO, Directors or Senior Team.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized, with a proven ability to work with confidential data, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.
- Provide support to the MD, CEO, Director or Senior Team of the business.
- Screen calls and requests for meetings in accordance with agreed priorities.
- Filter and reply to emails, flagging up urgent, priority, and important issues
- Schedule appointments and meetings and ensure efficient diary and time management
- Make travel arrangements, including locally and internationally, to include flights, hotels, trains, and restaurants.
- Serve as the main point of contact for office manager duties including premises maintenance, cleaning, handling incoming and outgoing post, mailing, shopping, supplies, equipment, bills, and errands
- Provide reception services both in person and over the telephone.
- Organise catering for meetings as necessary
- Partner with HR to maintain office policies as necessary
- Organize office operations and procedures
- Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment
- Manage relationships with service providers and landlord, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease
- Manage events held by the company including company social events, both on and off site, supplier or customer visits, and others as required.
- Manage petty cash
- Process expenses
- Any other duties to meet the needs of the business
- Strong experience of working in a confidential role
- Discrete approach
- Ability to work independently and prioritise tasks
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Basic IT skills particularly Microsoft Office
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers
- Well organised
- GCSE English and Maths pass
- Comfortable with working in a high paced office environment
- Strong team player with a helpful attitude and able to build strong relationships with staff across all levels of the business
Click here for a list of Executive Assistant interview questions that you can easily customise to your company and use for recruitment.