This Finance Manager job description template is optimized for posting in online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company. Feel free to modify this to an Accounting Manager or Accounts and Payroll Manager job description, or other variation to suit the needs of your company. Add or revise duties that are specific to your organization and current projects.
Are you a finance manager looking for a new role in a successful and profitable business? We are looking for an experienced finance manager to be the financial lead for the business.
- Produce annual budgets, profit/loss and performance monitoring throughout the year-
- Improve and manage the company’s profitability including cost control
- Management and development of the finance team, with overall responsibility for the creditor and debtor ledger, cash book maintenance, payroll, and VAT
- Manage key utility providers i.e. gas, electric, water and agree supplier rates and best deals for the company
- Liaise with company accountants, legal representatives, and auditors
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA Qualified Accountant
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Knowledge of direct and indirect tax procedures and compliance
- Advanced Excel skills – including experience of creating and using Pivot Tables and V-Look Up
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of interacting across all levels of the organisation including dealing with non-finance people to gather and communicate relevant information
- Experience of fostering strong working relationships within the finance team and across the organisation.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Show an impressive attitude and not only take full responsibility for their duties but are enthusiastic to take on new challenges which will develop their own career.
- Experience of managing / supervising a finance team
- Experience of working within a fast growing business environment
- Experience of managing projects in the management accounting arena, specifically those designed to improve and streamline processes
- Experience of Sage, Oracle financials or similar accounting systems.
- Experience of audit processes
Click here for a list of Finance Manager interview questions that you can easily customise and use for recruitment in your company.