This Operations Manager job description template is optimized for posting in online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company. Feel free to modify this to an operations director job description or quality assurance job description or systems manager job description, or other variation to suit the needs of your company. Add or revise duties that are specific to your organization and current projects.
Are you an Operations Manager looking for a new role in a successful and profitable business?
We are looking for a professional Operations Manager to plan, direct and coordinate all the organisation’s operations. You will be responsible for improving performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability through the implementation of effective methods and strategies.
- Ensure that all manufacturing processes are carried out in a correct, cost effective and timely manner in alignment with specifications and quality requirements
- Ensure that manufacturing processes are meeting customer requirements, budgetary and cost requirements and other specifications
- Suggest improvements to operational systems, processes and best practises that guarantee organisational efficiency and productivity
- Implement quality management systems
- Manage and monitor quality management systems to ensure continuous improvement on quality metrics
- Exploit systems management data to enhance operational efficiency
- Purchase materials, plan inventory and ensure warehouse efficiency
- Contribute towards the achievement of company’s strategic and operational objectives
- Examine financial data/statements and utilise them to improve profitability
- Perform quality controls and monitor production KPI’s
- Recruit, train, supervise and manager direct reports
- Proven work experience as Operations Manager with significant responsibility for production outputs and budgets
- Demonstrable impact on key business drivers including gross profit, quality, customer service, budgets, cost, productivity
- Significant knowledge of organisational effectiveness and operations management
- Budget development and oversight experience
- Experience and familiarity with quality systems, lean, and learning systems approach to processes
- Familiarity with business and financial principles and practices
- Working knowledge of budgets, forecasting and metrics
- Basic IT skills (databases, MS Office etc)
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organisation
- Leadership and organisational skills
- BS degree in operations management or related field
- Industry or field specific qualifications (specify as necessary)
Click here for a list of suitable situational interview questions to select the right Operations Manager candidate for this role.