This Personal Assistant job description template is optimized for posting in online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company. Feel free to modify this to an executive assistant job description or office manager job description or payroll manager job description, or other variation to suit the needs of your company. Add or revise duties that are specific to your organization and current projects.
Are you a personal assistant looking for a new role in a successful and profitable business? We are looking for an Personal Assistant to provide support to the MD, CEO, Directors or Senior Team.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized, with a proven ability to work with confidential data, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.
- Provide support to the MD, CEO, Director or Senior Team of the business.
- Filter calls and requests for meetings in accordance with agreed priorities.
- Filter and reply to emails, flagging up urgent, priority, and important issues
- Schedule appointments and meetings and ensure efficient diary and time management
- Make travel arrangements, including locally and internationally, to include flights, hotels, trains, and restaurants.
- Serve as the main point of contact for office manager duties including premises maintenance, cleaning, handling incoming and outgoing post, mailing, shopping, supplies, equipment, bills, and errands
- Provide reception services both in person and over the telephone.
- Organise catering for meetings as necessary
- Partner with HR to maintain office policies as necessary
- Organize office operations and procedures
- Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment
- Manage relationships with service providers and landlord, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time
- Organise company events including comapany social events, both on and offsite, team away days, supplier and customer visits.
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease
- Manage petty cash
- Process expenses
- Any other duties to meet the needs of the business
- Strong experience of working in a confidential role
- Discrete approach
- Ability to work independently and prioritise tasks
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Basic IT skills particularly Microsoft Office
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers
- Well organised
- GCSE English and Maths pass
- Comfortable with working in a high paced office environment
- Strong team player with a helpful attitude and able to build strong relationships with staff across all levels of the business
Click here for a list of Personal Assistant interview questions that you can use to assess the suitability of candidates who have applied for this position.