This Accounts Administrator job description template is optimized for posting in online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company. Feel free to modify this to an accounts assistant or payroll administrator job description, or other variation to suit the needs of your company. Add or revise duties that are specific to your organization and current projects.
Are you an accounts administrator looking for a new role in a successful and profitable business? We are looking for an accounts administrator to be responsible for financial record keeping and payments processing. Accounts assistant responsibilities include using specialized ledgers and accounting software to record and process expenditures, receipts, payroll and other financial transactions.
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
- Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database
- Provide assistance and support to company personnel
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
- Constantly update job knowledge
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Basic IT skills particularly Microsoft Office
- Quick learner and demonstrable ability to learn proprietary accounting and other company systems
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers
- Well organised
- GCSE English and Maths pass
- Comfortable with working in a high paced office environment
- Strong team player with a helpful attitude
Click here for a set of interview questions to select a great candidate for your Accounts Administrator vacancy.