This Accounts Manager job description template is optimized for posting in online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company. Feel free to modify this to an Accounting Manager or Accounts and Payroll Manager job description, or other variation to suit the needs of your company. Add or revise duties that are specific to your organization and current projects.
Are you an Accounts Manager looking for a new role in a successful and profitable business? We are looking for a reliable Accounts Manager to assist in the control and management of resources required for the finance processes of the business. Duties will include overseeing the Sales and Purchase Ledger, providing support for the Finance Director to prepare month end accounts and supervising the accounts team.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department, including supervision of the accounts team.
- Process month and end year end, accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, general ledger, payroll and utilities, treasury, budgeting, cash forecasting, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, capital assets reconciliations, trust account statement reconciliations, check runs, fixed asset activity, debt activity etc
- Banking and cash handling including petty cash
- Monitor and analyse accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Oversee all aspects of sales and purchase ledger
- Ensure good credit control to the business, manage debtor days
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy
- Meet financial accounting objectives
- Establish and maintain files and records to document transactions
- Knowledge of full set of accountancy procedures – sales, purchase, credit control, payments. Good knowledge of Sage or other accounting system. Basic Excel skills.
- Relevant qualifications would be an advantage
- Well organised
- GCSE English and Maths pass
- Comfortable with working in a high paced office environment
- Strong team player with a helpful attitude
Click here for a list of Accounts Manager interview questions that you can use for recruitment.